Welcome to the Blue Butterfly Blog

Thousands of families suffer in silence from the loss of a pregnancy or an infant. My struggle is just beginning. I carried twins to term knowing that only one would survive. This is the story of my journey through shock, devastation, grief, anger, and hopefully someday acceptance. I know that other families are desperate to know that they are not suffering alone. This is for them.



Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Happy Holidays!

I hope that everyone has had a restful and happy holiday season so far.

Our holidays were filled with the usual Tour D'Ohio as we traveled from Columbus to Sandusky to Solon. Then we ate, played cards, ate some more, drove, and ate. It was a low stress affair.

I only had one breakdown when my sister-in-law gave me an adorable ornament of a blue teddy bear in a stocking that said Spyder on it. I had been holding all my feelings in, fighting the thought that Spyder wouldn't be here next year, but they finally overtook me. I did feel sad all weekend, but I knew I had to function.

Regardless of the strange and confusing holidays that we had this year, the Belly and I accomplished everything we set out to do. We lit the menorah, baked Christmas cookies, and saw the lights at Nela Park. We ate Pad Thai for Christmas dinner, gave out presents, and spent time with the family. Overall, we made some happy holiday memories. Here's to a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment